Many cultures/religions include some fasting. The main reason for fasting is the same in all of these beliefs: Physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual healing; resetting. Fasting is nature’s way of allowing your body to heal itself, and that rest is essential to the success of the process.
When you stop eating (start fasting) all the energy that has been used to gain energy from food is now being used for flushing toxins out of the system and boost the natural healing mechanism of the body.
Water cleanses, also known as a water fasting, is a type of fasting in which for a set period of time, you only consume water. Unlike many other fasting methods, while water fasting, you take zero calories.
How much water should I drink?
The first thing to remember is that 60 – 70% of our body is WATER. So, it’s crucial that you drink enough quantity of water, which should not be less than 8 – 10 glasses daily, to support the cleansing process. Drinking not enough water is during water fasting is the problem we observe the most. The body gets dehydrated, as a result, it becomes more acidic, and the cells don’t get hydrated enough to keep the blood alkalized. This results in a slower cleansing process. Such a problem is solved by giving people fluids as IVs or Himalayan sea salt drinks to keep electrolytes up.
How long can a person fast?
It should be at least three days. However, chronic severe illnesses cases will require at least (2) 14 day of consecutive fasting periods, and each will require an extra seven days as Post Fasting period.
How to prepare before joining the program?
Try to avoid meat as best as you can; other animal products are off limit as well, dairy products can also be consumed mindfully. Try to convert 75% of your diet into raw or steamed vegetables. The other 25% should also exclude high acidic foods. If your digestion is feeble, you may increase the amount of steamed or baked vegetables in your diet. Dinner should be completed at 19.00. After that, herbal tea and raw nuts can be consumed as an appetizer. It’s good to avoid sugar or foods with added sugar. We all know it’s a poison. So try to replace it with organic honey, maple syrup or date syrup or coconut sugar
Eat no fried food or foods cooked in oils.
When you do use oil if possible use avocado oil, cold-pressed organic olive oil, or flax seed oil.
Please try to avoid any packaged food-drinks or consider the organic food certificated ones
Who can benefit from water fasting?
Everyone can benefit from water fasting. Either you are seeking for a periodic, or you suffer from different conditions; obesity, chronic disease, autoimmune disorders, food addictions, digestive disorders, mental and physical exhausted, etc.
Benefits of water fasting
There is almost nothing that it won’t help says, Dr. Lodi!
Endless benefits of water fasting;
- Improves Body Composition and Fitness
- Promotes Greater Satiety
- Boosts Your Metabolism
- Supports Fat Loss and Ketosis
- Encourages Better Insulin Sensitivity
- Improves Cardiovascular Health
- Lowers Blood Pressure Decreases Blood Sugar
- Improves Blood Triglycerides
- Promotes Heart Health
- May Slow Aging and Enhance Longevity
- Decreases Inflammation
- Increases Resistance to Oxidative Stress
- Improves Cell Recycling
- Increases Growth Regulation
- Protects Your Brain
- Reduces Harmful Protein Production
- Promotes a Healthy Stress Response
- Supports Healthier Collagen in Skin
How to break the fast?
Since your gastrointestinal system was healing during this period, introducing food to the body after the water fast should be done slowly and in moderation to avoid potential problems. If you don’t want to upset your stomach, you may continue a sort of liquid fast (green juices or smoothies) for a few days. On the 4th day, you can introduce salads back into your diet and adding soups, later on, will make the transition go smoothly.
Everyone has its physical, mental, spiritual, and health state when they do water fasting, so the experience becomes unique for each person. But almost everyone goes through the so-called `healing crisis’ or ‘healing reaction,’ which are known to be part of the detoxification (cleansing) process. Being tired, feeling weak, headache, insomnia, dizziness, upset stomach, etc. However, after each reaction, you will advance to a higher level of health.
Wash your inner organs with water!
According to research if you do one day water fasting a month, it decreases heart attack risk 40%.
So, drink loads of water and wash your inner organs and feel that.